money on your product to spending money designing a professional-looking resume. You get the money back so quickly that it’s actually a much more expensive decision to decide NOT to buy."
company name Software Training Plan THE PROJECT DOCUMENT TITLE Author and Their Titles company name current date Document Version Control Information V 1. 0 Document Version History
Version Number Date Author Version Notes 1. Introduction 1 Purpose of This Document Objectives Insert the purpose of this document its objectives and its intended audience. Example. The purpose of this document is to formally recognize and codify the policies and procedures Company wishes to enact in order to organize the software training Company provides to employees and vendors. The goals and objectives listed in this plan are meant to allow the Company to achieve consistent training experience. The Company provides its employees staff and vendors this Software Training Plan as an overview of the required steps and policies to be enacted when developing or executing software training. 1 Scope of Document Insert description of the scope of this Software Training Plan and explain whether this covers an entire application or component thereof. Indicate whether this training plan shall be governed by or supersedes other policy documents that may already be in place concerning training or specific process or procedure.
1. Scope Constraints Insert constraints such as schedules costs interactions overview or any other information relevant to the training desired. 1 Goals of This Plan Insert an overview or brief description of the product software or other desired end result to be achieved by this Software Training Plan. 1 Business Context Insert an overview of the business or organizations impacted by this Software Training Plan. Include the business or organizations critical components and reliance on specific vendors services or other assets. 1 Goals Defined The overall goal of the Software Training Plan is to provide an easy and accessible outline to enable company name staff or vendors to organize and execute acceptable training and education plans. Additional goals include. * Insert additional goals or objectives here.
* Insert additional goals or objectives here. 1 References and Reference Material Insert list of all reference documents and other materials related to the Software Training Plan. References will often include but are not limited to. * User guides or manuals * Third party books or resources * Other company software training plan * Any other relevant document or resource 1 Documentation Items
Insert references to documentation or contact lists which may include but are not limited to. * Company critical software services list * Company critical software vendors list * Company commercial software support phone numbers and services * Company support logins or passwords * Company software support or maintenance agreements and relevant contacts 1 Terminology Used in This Software Training Plan Insert references and delimitations for terminology used in this plan. Include all acronyms and abbreviations as well.
* Insert terminology definition here. * Insert terminology definition here. * Insert terminology definition here. * Insert terminology definition here. * Insert terminology definition here. 1 Points of Contact
Insert point of contact contact method and all policies for coordination of such contacts. * Insert point of contact here. * Insert point of contact here. or use the following table structure. Contact Name Contact Phone Contact Email Area of Responsibility 2. Software Training Plan. Current System Summary 2 Background and System Objectives Insert an overview of your current system. Include the purpose and business objective of the current system. 2 Hardware Requirements and Constraints
Insert information concerning hardware required by this plan and whether there are constraints to be considered e. g. browsers to be used secure locations to access software etc. 2 Known Issues The following are limitations or known issues impacting the Software Training Plan. Insert additional descriptions of the limitations or known issues here. 2 Documentation The following documentation is available for the current system.
Insert additional descriptions or lists of the available documentation. 3. Implementation of the Plan Insert the overall objectives for implementation of the Software Training Plan. Your Software Training Plan may contain several different approaches for certain types of training such as individual small group large group department seminar review etc. 3 Training Methods and Procedures Here you will describe the methods and procedures you wish your trainers to follow and to educate staff on. If methods and procedures from an existing system or Training Plan are to be included in this plan you will want to describe these procedures in this section rather than simply reference them. Insert training methods here. 3 Testing Training Retention and Evaluation
Describe the methods to be used for administering tests quizzes or other methods for benchmarking the retaining of the training. Explain whether testing and evaluation are to be done after the completion of the initial training plan after set amount of time or combination thereof. Make sure to describe the goals that must be achieved in this section as well. Insert testing methods here. 3 Software Training Plan Timelines and Schedules Insert any timelines milestones or date sensitive deadlines that must be adhered to for this Software Training Plan. 1. Insert timeline milestone or schedule here. 2. Insert timeline milestone or schedule here. 3. Insert timeline milestone or schedule here. 4. Insert timeline milestone or schedule here.
5. Insert timeline milestone or schedule here. 3 Software Training Plan Objectives vs. Mandates The objectives set forth in Sect. should be considered the overall goals of the Software Training Plan. They may not always be exact mandates. Individual departmental policies and procedures or other Software Training Plans may outline additional instructions to be followed. 3 Software Training Plan Administration. Creating Outline Using an outline format insert description of the methods that the Company wishes to use for administering the Software Training Plan. For example you might write. The Company desires that all Software Training Plans include an outline for how the trainer is to handle the following. a Enrollment of students Learning Management System LMS b Classroom environment to be utilized conference room lecture hall c Equipment required visual aids projectors workstations
d Learning materials required books manuals etc. e Record keeping requirements certificates tests etc. 3 Software Training Plan Performance Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing to ensure that the plan operates correctly in regard to normal operation response and execution times scalability portability and all other performance requirements within the business environment. 3 Software Training Plan Administration. Follow up Training Insert any information pertaining to whether follow up training is required and under what schedule it must be performed. If certifications are to be considered then include information on how students are to make sure that they achieve and keep current their third party certifications. 3 Software Training Plan Revisions and Alterations Insert the objectives and requirements for how revisions and alterations are to be made to the Software Training Plan. Often new methods begin to be incorporated into established training programs without being represented within company plan document. Insert description of how when this document must be updated when new methods are used. 4. Software Training Plan. Materials
In this section you will describe and define each of the materials that will be required for the Software Training Plan. This is detailed accounting. You may attach additional exhibits to this section if your Software Training Plan requires them. 5. Software Training Plan Curriculum Insert the specific descriptions of each section of the Software Training Plan curriculum. This is to be considered your syllabus for this Software Training Plan. syllabus may include but is not limited to the following organizational structure. SECTION COURSE SYLLABUS * Section Description * Section Organization
* Section Objectives o Objective A o Objective B o Objective C o Objective D
* Section Topics o Topic A o Topic B o Topic C o Topic D Section Materials Required Section Grading Criteria
General Notes 6. Software Training Plan Evaluation A description of methodology concerning how evaluations of instructor student and course are to be conducted post training. Determine whether evaluations will be immediate or after particular milestone or benchmark is reached testing certification etc. 7. Software Testing Plan Hardware and Environmental Requirements List A description of the hardware and environmental requirements for the Software Training Plan. 7 Hardware Requirement Name
Insert description here. 7 Software Requirement Name Insert description here. 7 Security Resources Requirement Name Insert description here. 7 Specific Tools Requirement Name Insert description here. 7 Specific Documentation Requirement Name
Insert description here. 7 Specific Risks and Assumptions Insert description here. Focus on restraints such as resource availability time constraints staff and developer availability and all other resource dependencies or external factors that can influence the Software Training Plan. 7. Risk and Assumption Contingency Plan Insert description of the contingency plan for each item listed above e. g. a developer or support staff member is out sick on the day of training. 8. Change Request and Management
A description of the Software Training Plan change request and change management procedures. Describe the process that must be followed for submission review and authorization for all requests for change to the Software Training Plan or for any change to any part of the deliverables. 9. Approval for Software Training Plan A description of the personnel authorized to approve the Software Training Plan. Their names titles and signatures must accompany this document. approved approver Title Date Signed
approved approver Title Date Signed approved approver Title Date Signed
approved approver Title Date Signed 10. Appendices A description of all other supporting information required for the understanding and execution of the Software Training Plan and requirements. All Software Training Plan documents require the following two appendices.
10 Definitions Acronyms Abbreviations Definitions of important terms abbreviations and acronyms. This may also include Glossary of terms. 10 References A listing of all citations to all documents and meetings referenced or used in the preparation of this Software Training Plan and testing requirements document.
PERSONAL TECHNOLOGY USAGE POLICY Tablets Smartphones Laptops and other Devices The purpose of this document is to set forth Company Personal Technology Usage Policy by which employees and contractors will abide while using leasing or otherwise making use of personal technology in the course of their duties while employed at company name. The intent of this policy is to provide proper guidance to employees and contractors who make use of personal technology during the course of their work with company name. As an employee or contractor of company name you are required to comply with this policy at all times. Terms and Conditions The Personal Technology Usage Policy is as follows. 1. Definitions. For the purpose of this Personal Technology Usage Policy Personal Technology shall be defined as hand held computing device tablet or phone smartphone that provides Internet access wireless cellular or otherwise software applications communication and or email services and network connectivity through cellular Wi Max Wi Fi or other ad hoc networks. For the purpose of this Personal Technology Usage Agreement Company Services shall be defined as all resources provided to employees by Company in order to fulfill their duties as employees.
This list includes but is not limited to. * Email webmail chat and other forms of communication associated with the Company. * FTP SFTP SSH Remote Access or Virtual Private Networks VPN. * Online access to Company portals online software or resources. * Remote access to Company computers or servers. 2. Approved List of Devices Hardware.
Due to the changing nature of Personal Technology devices company name may at its sole discretion decide to not allow or support specific devices or technologies that interact with its network. This list is subject to change and may be amended to adapt to specific Company needs and requirements. The following devices shall be allowed to interact with Company networks or resources. Insert Supported Hardware Here 3. Approved List of Software and Technologies. In order to effectively interface with Company resources networks mail servers and other communication systems the following software and technologies shall be required for use in the following Company tasks. There shall be no exception to this list without prior written approval from IT Department Manager etc. Due to the changing nature of Personal Technology devices company name shall only support limited number of hardware devices and configurations. This approved list is subject to change and may be amended to adapt to specific Company needs and requirements. The following required software and technologies shall be used for the following tasks. Email Calendar Client Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed
Docking Hot Synch or other Synchronization Systems Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed Operating Systems OS Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed Virtual Private Networking VPN Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed FTP SFTP or SSH Access
Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed Instant Messenger IM or Chat Programs Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed Other Software Systems Insert Supported Software or Requirement Here by device if needed
4. Limits on Use of Personal Technology. The use of Personal Technology is for the Companys benefit and the convenience of the Employee. Employees must still adhere to the Company Communications and Email policies whether they are using Personal Technology Devices or their normal work station s. Any integration between Personal Technology device and Company resources must not use the Company resource Company email VPN etc. for personal usage. 5. Personal Technology General Usage Policies. Use of Personal Technology by Company employees and contractors shall be governed by the Company Internet Access and Asset Usage Policy as well as the Company Wireless Network Usage Policy. Copies of these policies may be obtained from the Company Human Resources Department. Companys general personal technology usage policies are as follows. * All Personal Technology must have the Company required applications and security software installed prior to accessing Company resources or networks. Employees must have the Company IT Department review and certify that all Personal Technology meets the Company Network Security Policy prior to use. * All Personal Technology shall make use of access control systems password protection and encryption. Personal Technology devices that interact with Company resources can get lost and access control systems help prevent outsiders from gaining access to Company networks and systems.
* All Personal Technology and software running on Personal Technology devices must use complex passwords and secure digital certificates for remote access where appropriate. * All Personal Technology shall make use of self updating or software that automatically updates itself to ensure that the devices comply with the Company Network Security Policy. * All Personal Technology whether owned by the employee or not that interacts with Company resources shall be subject to on demand audits by the IT Department or Managers to ensure compliance with the Company Network Security Policy. 6. Personal Technology Usage and Your Health and Safety. Improper usage or overuse of Personal Technology can lead to injury tendonitis or swelling of tissues and joints. The following tips are provided to help you avoid such injury while you use your Personal Technology. If you have questions or concerns or would like demonstration of these safety techniques please contact the Human Resources Department.
Proper use of your Personal Technology includes. * Taking frequent breaks from using your Personal Technology. * Immediately stopping use if you experience any of the following symptoms. pain in your thumb fingers wrist joints or anywhere else on your body. * Immediately stopping use if your hands or extremities feel numb or are tingling. * Avoiding typing for more than few minutes at time. * Avoiding typing only with your thumb. * Making sure that your wrists are in an upright position and not flexed or bent when typing. Try placing support underneath your Personal Technology whenever possible.
The following is the Company policy for using Personal Technology while operating motor vehicle. * You may not text email use web browser or otherwise use your Personal Technology in any way while driving or operating motor vehicle. The American Physical Therapy Association recommends the following simple exercises. * Tap each finger with the thumb of the same hand. Repeat five times. * Alternate tapping the palm of your hand and the back of your hand against your thigh as quickly as you can. Repeat times. * Open your hands and spread your fingers as far apart as possible. Hold for seconds and repeat eight times. * Fold your hands together and turn your palms away from your body as you extend your arms forward. You should only feel gentle stretch. Hold for seconds and repeat eight times. * Fold your hands together turn your palms away from your body and extend your arms overhead. You should feel the stretch in your upper torso and shoulders to hand. Hold for seconds and repeat eight times. 7. Responsibility and Storage of Personal Technology.
Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur to their Personal Technology Devices at any time. 8. Modification of Policy. Company reserves the right to add modify or delete any provision of this Policy at any time and without notice. Company reserves the right to restrict any access right at any time whether violation of this Policy occurs or not. Company reserves the exclusive right and will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes violation of any of these provisions. 9. Improper or Illegal Conduct. Failure to adhere to the provisions of this Policy may result in disciplinary actions and or termination. The following shall be construed as violations. a Allowing access to any restricted information by unauthorized personnel or purposefully allowing unauthorized personnel to gain access to Personal Technology for non company or non authorized activities. b Allowing dangerous or restricted software or applications to be installed on the Personal Technology at any time. c Engaging in any behavior with Personal Technology that would violate the Company Wireless Network Usage Policy or Company Internet Access and Asset Usage Policy. 10. Consequences of Violation.
If Company becomes aware of an alleged violation of any of the terms contained in this Policy or any other policy that has been posted on its web site made available to employees or contractors via email or posted in any other form Company shall initiate an investigation. During the investigation Company may restrict access to the employees Personal Technology whether personally owned or otherwise in order to prevent further possible unauthorized activity. Company may at its sole discretion restrict suspend or remove employees Personal Technology without notice or refund or pursue civil remedies as it deems necessary. Company shall notify the appropriate law enforcement department of any such violations. Company shall not be responsible for any payment refunds or compensation in any way for service disruptions or termination resulting from violations of this Policy. Effective Date. current date