pleased with the multiple number of contracts for different scenarios and I also liked the advice given throughout the different manuals. You turned what would usually be a time-consuming, expensive process into an easy and affordable one that gives professional results."
SOFTWARE TEST USE CASE TEMPLATE Master Project Plan HOW TO USE THIS CASE SYSTEM BOUNDARY WHEN TO USE WHEN TO START
STAKEHOLDER WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN FIRST BASIC FLOW ALTERNATIVE FLOW SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS WHO IS INTERESTED IN THIS INFORMATION PRE ARRANGMENT POST ARRANGEMENT ORDER OF EVENTS RESPONSIBLE PARTY SYSTEM ISSUE N A
Software Testing Plan STP THE STP PROJECT DOCMENT TITLE Author Title company name current date
Document Version Control Information V 1. 0 1. Introduction 1 Purpose of this document Objectives Insert the purpose of this document its objectives and its intended audience. 1 Scope of document
Insert description of the scope of this Software Testing Plan 1. 21 Scope Constraints Insert constraints such as schedules costs interactions overview or any other information relevant to the testing of the development requirements. 1 Overview Insert an overview or brief description of the product software or other desired end result that is being tested under this Software Testing Plan. 1 Business Context Insert an overview of the business or organization desiring the development of this project. Include the business or organizations mission statement and its organizational goals and objectives. Note. If you have already completed Software Requirements Specification the majority of this material is copied verbatim from that document. The purpose of this preamble is to familiarize staff recently attached to the testing portion of project who may not have been present or involved with earlier stages of the project. 1 Testing Strategy
Insert general overview of the strategy and plan for meeting the testing deliverables. Describe the levels of testing that will need to take place and the type of testing activities. more detailed outline will be provided further on in this document. If there are specific tests that need to follow their own STP you can describe them in an additional document separate from this main document. A Testing Strategy Outline will include. * The individual items to be tested * The purpose for testing those items * The individual features to be tested * The individual features NOT to be tested * The managerial and technical approach to testing * The criteria for pass and failure of testing * The individual roles or responsibilities of participants in testing
* The milestones and deliverables required for testing * The schedules and timelines for individual tests or the Software Testing Plan as whole * The risk assumptions and constraints placed upon the Software Testing Plan. 1 References and Reference Material Insert list of all reference documents and other materials related to the Software Testing Plan. References will often include but are not limited to. * Software Requirements Specifications
* Software Development Plan * Software Quality Assurance Plan * Software Management Plan * Project Outline and Management Plan 1 Documentation Items Insert references to documentation including but not limited to. * Software Requirements Specification SRS * Software Design Specification SDS
* Software Development Plan SDP * Software Installation Guide * Software Users Guide * Software Features Guide * Software Bug Error Correction or Defect Removal Guide 2. Items to be Tested 2 Program Modules Insert description of the testing to be performed for each module that the software contains.
2 Job Control Procedures Insert description of the procedures to be followed for testing the job control language JCL including scheduling for production control and all job sequencing. This section should include all the relationships between the above mentioned items in the Program Modules section. 2 User Procedures Insert description of the testing to be conducted on user documentation and support resources online or printed to ensure that they are complete and comprehensive. 2 Operator Procedures Insert description of the testing procedures to be conducted to ensure that the software can be run and supported within production environment as intended and that any Help Desk or other support services outlined in the plan can be verified as effective and meeting the intended support outcomes as outlined in the goal of the Software Testing Plan. 2 Features to be Tested
Insert the objectives and requirements for features that are being tested in this Software Testing Plan. 2 Features Not to be Tested Insert the objectives and requirements for features that are NOT being tested in this Software Testing Plan 3 Approach Insert the objectives and requirements for the overall approach to testing. The approach should cover such major tasks as the identification of time estimates for each element of the Software Testing Plan. Identify the different types of testing and describe their testing methods and the criteria for evaluating such testing. Your Software Testing Plan may contain several different approaches for certain elements. 3 Component Testing Insert the objectives and requirements to verify the implementation integrity and functionality for single unit component module or group of individual software elements or components. Component Testing is performed to verify that the individual component or group of components is complete and functioning as intended. 3 Integration Testing Insert the objectives and requirements to verify the implementation integrity and functionality for combined units such as individual software units components or group of individual software elements or components that has been combined with hardware elements. Integration testing is important to ensure that the software is functional as whole within the environment it is intended to run. The Integration Testing is performed to ensure that all operational requirements are met.
3 Conversion Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that all historical data elements convert or are compatible with the new system. Conversion testing is required only if the software is an upgrade of an older system or will use or manipulate data from other systems. 3 Job Stream Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that the software operates correctly in the production environment. 3 Interface Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that the software operates correctly with all user interface and input systems. 3 Recovery Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that the softwares recovery and restore operations function correctly and all backup systems and procedures work as intended in the production environment. 3 Performance Testing
Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that the software operates correctly in regards to normal operation response and execution times scalability portability and all other performance requirements within the production environment. 3 Regression Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that any changes applied to the software do not affect functions previously tested. 3 Acceptance Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that the software or system meets all criteria and deliverables. The Acceptance Testing is important to ensure that all requirements are met and that all components modules hardware requirements and recovery and restore operations function in the production environment and that plan exists to demonstrate such functionality for customer. 3. 10 Alpha Beta and Release Candidate RC Testing Insert the objectives and requirements for testing that will be done by customer to verify that the software meets all deliverables and requirements from the Software Requirements Specifications SRS or the Software Development Plan SDP and to detect any errors bugs or defects in the software.
4. Pass and Failure Criteria This section describes the criteria to determine whether specific item has passed or failed particular test. 4 Criteria for Suspension This section will describe the criteria for suspending an individual element or group of elements for particular testing activity. 4 Criteria for Resumption of Testing This section will describe the criteria for resuming testing for an individual element or group of elements that has been previously suspended. 4 Criteria for Approval of Testing This section will describe the criteria for acceptance and approval for an individual element or group of elements.
5. Testing Process and Methods Insert the specific testing process and methods to be used in performing each testing activity. In this section you will describe and define each type of test that the Software Testing Plan contains. You may attach additional exhibits to this section if your testing plan requires them. 6. Test Deliverables Insert the specific deliverables and documents that are to be delivered from the testing process. Test deliverables may include incremental data or data derived from incomplete tests. Typical test deliverables include but are not limited to. * Individual Test Element or Module Summary Reports * Group Element or Module Summary Reports * Individual and Combined Test Logs
* Test Metrics and Benchmark Reports * Test Input and Output Reports * Test Incident Reports 7. Testing Task and Requirements List A description of tasks and the skills required for performing testing as part of the deliverables.
Examples. 7 Task Name Insert description here. 7 Responsibility for Task Insert description here. 7 Resources Required for Task Insert description here. 7 Schedule or Timeline for Task Insert description here.
8. Testing Hardware and Environmental Requirements List A description of the hardware and environmental requirements for performing testing as part of the deliverables. Examples. 8 Hardware Requirement Name Insert description here. 8 Software Requirement Name Insert description here. 8 Security Resources Requirement Name Insert description here.
8 Specific Tools Requirement Name Insert description here. 8 Specific Documentation Requirement Name Insert description here. 8 Specific Risks and Assumptions Insert description here. Focus on restraints such as resource availability time constraints staff and developer availability and all other external factors that can influence testing.
8. 61 Risk and Assumption Contingency Plan Insert description of the contingency plan for each item listed above. 9. Change Request and Management A description of the Software Testing Plan change request and change management procedure. Describe the process that must be followed for submission review and authorization for all requests for change to the Software Testing Plan or any change to any part of the deliverables. 10. Approval for Software Testing Plan A description of the personnel authorized to approve the Software Testing Plan. Their Name Title and signature must accompany this document.
approved approver Title Date when the contact was signed approved approver Title Date when the contact was signed
approved approver Title Date when the contact was signed approved approver Title Date when the contact was signed 11. Appendices A description of all other supporting information required for the understanding and execution of the Software Testing plan and requirements. All Software Testing Plan documents require the following two appendices.
11 Definitions Acronyms Abbreviations A description of the definition of important terms abbreviations and acronyms. This may also include Glossary of terms. 11 References A listing of all citations to all documents and meetings referenced or used in the preparation of this Software Testing Plan and testing requirements document. Customer Initials Developer Initials
SOFTWARE BETA TESTER AGREEMENT Please review and sign the following Testers Agreement if you are interested in receiving pre release copy Beta of our software Software Product or Software You must read and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions concerning the Agreement please contact us at mail address for further assistance. Declarations THIS AGREEMENT is made this current day day of current month current year by and between company name Tester and company name Company I the undersigned Tester do hereby declare that have read understand and agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. agree and understand this may not be full and final release version of the Software Product and that this product is strictly for the purpose of testing reviewing and evaluating the testing the Software Product for the benefit of Company. 2. agree not to use this product for Commercial Purposes and understand that it is for review and testing purposes only. 3. agree not to distribute the Software or make it available in any format to any other party whatsoever. This includes but is not limited to multiple installations installing it on another team member developer employee or other third party computer. This Agreement is for SINGLE user SINGLE installation license. Terms and Conditions 1. Software. Company shall provide Tester with copy of the Software Registration key documentation and any necessary passwords required to fully operate the Software. Tester is granted single user copy of the Software. 2. Support.
Company will endeavor and make every effort to respond to Testers questions and problems via email. 3. Testers Duties and Obligations. Tester agrees to assist Company in its ongoing development of Companys programs Software Product Tester is willing to provide input in written and verbal form to Company to the best of their ability. Both parties acknowledge that the Software Product may contain bugs Errors and other issues and instances that may adversely affect the use or performance of the Software Product the Testers computer software operating system or hardware. Tester should take every care and precaution to preserve his or her data in order to avoid any loss or damage as result of his or her using the Software Product. 4. Confidentiality. Tester and Company acknowledge and agree that the Software and all other documents communications and information Confidential Information related to the development of Company or third party materials transmitted or made available to Tester in connection with this Agreement will constitute valuable trade secrets of Company. Tester shall keep the Confidential Information in confidence and shall not at any time during or after the term of this Agreement without Companys prior written consent disclose or otherwise make available to anyone either directly or indirectly all or any part of the Confidential Information.
5. Termination. Company has the right to terminate this Agreement for any reason with hours prior written notice. Company will have no further obligation whether financial or otherwise to Tester after such cancellation. Company may terminate this Agreement immediately upon Testers refusal or inability to perform Breach any of the provisions of this Agreement. 6. Limited Warranty and Limitation on Damages. Company warrants the Software will conform to the Specifications listed in the product documentation the Company web site or other collateral related to the Software. This warranty shall be the exclusive warranty available to Tester. Tester waives any other warranty express or implied. Tester acknowledges that Company does not warrant that the Software will work on all platforms unless specific platform is set forth in writing by Company. Tester acknowledges that Company is not responsible for the results obtained by Tester when using the Software. Tester acknowledges that Company is not responsible for fixing problems in the Software whether discovered by Tester or not during the term of this Agreement. Except as otherwise expressly stated herein Tester waives any claim for damages direct or indirect and agrees that its sole and exclusive remedy for damages either in contract or tort is limited to the amount of any compensation received from Company. 7. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of state or province. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the county County state or province Superior Court. 8. Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of Tester and Company and their respective successors and assigns provided that Tester shall not assign any of his obligations under this Agreement without Companys prior written consent.
9. Use of Comments Quotes and Testimony for Promotional and Instructional Purposes. Tester grants Company the right to use any and all comments whether written or not that Tester may make in regards to the Software Product to be used in promotional purposes or for use in other marketing venues or efforts developed by Company. 10. No Responsibility for Loss. Company is not responsible for any down time lost files improper links or any other loss that may occur in the operation of the Software; provided however any such difficulty is not result of failure by Company to perform pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. 11. Relationship and Compensation. Tester understands and agrees that he or she shall not receive any compensation for performing the testing and that Testers relationship with Company will be that of an independent. Nothing in this Agreement shall construe that at any time Tester and Company have an Employee Employer relationship that Tester is an employee of Company or that any such partnership joint venture or other relationship exists between Tester and Company. Tester acknowledges that he or she is not entitled to any of the benefits offered to Companys employees nor shall Tester be eligible to receive workers compensation health insurance or other group benefits offered by Company. Tester agrees not to represent themselves as an agent representative or other legal representative of Company for any purpose whatsoever.
Each party represents and warrants that on the date first written above they are authorized to enter into this Agreement in entirety and duly bind their respective principals by their signature below. EXECUTED as of the date first written above. company name By signator authorized signature or signer. Job title of signator authorized signature or signer. Date when the contact was signed company name By signator authorized signature or signer. Job title of signator authorized signature or signer.
Date when the contact was signed Company Initials Tester Initials
SOFTWARE TEST USE CASE TEMPLATE Individual Test DESCRIPTION PRIMARY ACTOR SECONDARY ACTOR ASSUMPTIONS
STEPS TO TAKE IF this THEN interaction etc INTERACTION VARIATIONS IN STEPS AND INTERACTIONS NON FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
KNOWN ISSUES ORDER OF EVENTS SYSTEM ISSUE N A
Audit Material Procedure Insert Description Here Insert Procedure Here Insert Description Here Insert Procedure Here Insert Description Here Insert Procedure Here Insert Description Here Insert Procedure Here address address city state or province zip or postal code Phone phone number