pleased with the multiple number of contracts for different scenarios and I also liked the advice given throughout the different manuals. You turned what would usually be a time-consuming, expensive process into an easy and affordable one that gives professional results."
ACQUISITION AGREEMENT FOR OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN SOFTWARE THIS AGREEMENT is made this current day day of current month current year by and between company name Developer and company name Purchaser Recitals Purchaser desires to acquire right and interest in Software Product or Products the Software Product produced or otherwise currently owned by Developer as outlined in the Software Product Definition and Description Document plan the Specifications as set forth in Exhibit B. Developer has authored developed or otherwise purchased and owns all rights title and interest including all copyright trademark patent or service mark interests in and to the Software Product and all related documentation described in Exhibit hereto. Purchaser shall acquire rights and an undivided 100% interest in all other rights title and interest in the Software Product and documentation in accordance with this Agreement.
Definitions Software or Software Materials shall mean the computer software program described in the Specifications that is owned by Developer including all Enhancements made under this Agreement. Product shall mean software for computer or an end user. Software Product shall mean everything that the Purchaser shall acquire from Developer under this Agreement. Software Marks shall mean all trademarks service marks or other intellectual property rights related to the Software Product or Software materials or any other marks included with this Agreement.
Developers Code shall mean all Developers Proprietary Material or software source code existing as of the date of this Agreement that is to be incorporated into the source code of the Product. The license terms for Developers Code will be stated in the Specifications. Documentation shall mean all user guides reference integration installation or implementation manuals that describe in detail the operation of the Software that is normally provided by Developer as part of its deliveries to its Purchasers. Development Activities shall mean any activities undertaken by Developer in the development of the Software Product and Documentation satisfying the Specifications pursuant to this Agreement. Enhancements shall mean error corrections bug fixes modifications and updates not included in the Specifications with respect to the Software Product or Developers Code. Developers Proprietary Material shall mean all intellectual property rights in any text images or other components and or materials owned by Developer or which Developer has the legal right to use that are delivered to Purchaser including but not limited to software related documentation source code scripts object code logos graphics or tag lines. Closing Date shall mean the date upon which all obligations must be met according to the milestones and delivery dates set forth under this Agreement. Agreements In consideration of the mutual covenants set forth in this Agreement Developer and Purchaser hereby agree as follows.
1 Transfer of Rights and Ownership of All Other Rights. Developer hereby agrees to sell assign transfer and convey to Purchaser an undivided 100% interest in all right title and interest in and to the Software Product and Software Materials. Specifically Developer agrees to transfer and convey to Purchaser exclusively all rights to and in. a The Software Product Insert Software Product Name and all other previous versions of the Software Product or any aspect of the Software Materials that may have existed prior to the creation and or the incorporation of such materials into the Software Product whether made public or not whether existing in whole or in part. b The Software Material which comprise all content print or electronic documentation templates methods source safe and change control files all iterative versions development documents Software Product construction guidelines or specifications all intellectual property and other source or object code the Software Materials that comprise the Software Product or anything else listed in the Specifications attached hereafter.
c The Software Marks including Insert Software Product trademarks intellectual property copyright information or any other right included with this Agreement d Any derivative variant or otherwise modified works and all updated versions of the Software Product or revisions of the Software Product including patches fixes updates that are available whether in part or in whole as developed by Developer and acquired by Purchaser under this Agreement on or before the Closing Date. e All subsequent modifications alterations changes or enhancements of any of the items above that may occur between now and the Closing Date and the delivery of the Software Product and Software Materials to Purchaser and the execution of this Agreement. 1 Transfer of Software Materials and Contents. Developer shall transfer all content documents templates and other source or object code the Software Materials that comprise the Software Product. Developer shall provide technical assistance and training in the use and operation of the Software Product as well as specific support in aiding Purchaser in the operation of the Software Product. Developer shall transfer all except for Developers Proprietary Material defined below contained in the Software Product. Purchaser shall hold all rights title and interest in and to the Software Product. Specifically but without limitation Purchaser shall hold all rights title and interest in and to all text graphics animation audio components and digital components of the Software the Content all interfaces navigational devices menus menu structures or arrangements icons help and other operational instructions and all other components of any source or object computer code that comprises the Software all literal and nonliteral expressions of ideas that operate cause create direct manipulate access or otherwise affect the content and all copyrights patents trade secrets and other intellectual or industrial property rights in the Software or any component or characteristic thereof. Developer shall not do anything that may infringe upon or in any way undermine Purchasers rights title and interest in the Software Product as described in this Paragraph 4. Notwithstanding the above Developer shall retain all intellectual property rights in any and all text images or other components and or materials owned by Developer or which Developer has the legal right to use including but not limited to software related documentation marketing material logos and tag lines Developers Proprietary Material which has been exempted Exemptions from this Agreement according to the attached Specifications. 2. Delivery Dates and Milestones. Developer will use reasonable diligence in the transfer of the Software Materials and endeavor to deliver to Purchaser all Software Materials or any other obligation set forth in the Specifications no later than delivery date. Purchaser acknowledges however that this delivery deadline and the other payment milestones listed in Exhibit are estimates and are not required delivery dates unless otherwise noted in the Specifications. Deliverables defined as Critical Deliverables shall be outlined in Exhibit and shall contain the delivery date and terms of delivery of the Critical Deliverable. In the event that Closing Date is agreed upon the Closing Date shall be the date upon which all obligations must be met by both parties under this Agreement. 3. Compensation. For all of Developers services under this Agreement Purchaser shall compensate Developer in cash pursuant to the terms of Exhibit attached hereto. In the event Purchaser fails to make any of the payments referenced in Exhibit by the deadline set forth in Exhibit Developer has the right but is not obligated to pursue any or all of the following remedies. terminate the Agreement remove equipment owned by Developer whether leased to Purchaser by Developer or not and any Developers personnel or staff from Purchasers location bring legal action or Developer may suspend development training transfer of Software Product or intellectual property or any other obligations under this Agreement and Purchaser shall be responsible for any schedule changes required and additional financial impact suffered due to failure to compensate Developer under this Agreement.
4. Confidentiality. Purchaser and Developer acknowledge and agree that any Specifications and all other documents and information related to the engagement of marketing or advertisement development of products or practices the Confidential Information will constitute valuable trade secrets of each party. Both parties shall keep the Confidential Information in confidence and shall not at any time during or after the term of this Agreement without the others prior written consent disclose or otherwise make available to anyone either directly or indirectly all or any part of the Confidential Information. Excluded from the Confidential Information definition is anything that can be seen by the public in any advertising medium or channel. 5. General Provisions. 5 Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings written or oral between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto. 5 Governing Law.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of state or province. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the county County state or province Superior Court. 5 Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors and assigns provided that neither party assigns any of their obligations under this Agreement without the others prior written consent. 5 Waiver. The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect limit or waive such partys right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement. 5 Good Faith.
Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith and agrees to continue to so act in the negotiation execution delivery performance and any termination of this Agreement. 5 Right to Withhold Content and Creative Services. In the event that single party fails in its obligations as set forth on Exhibit within the time prescribed in Exhibit the other party has the right to withhold further promotion content and Services performed for or on behalf of the other party until such obligations are met. 5 Indemnification. Both parties warrant that everything they give one another to use in fulfillment of Specifications is legally owned or licensed. Both parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless one another from any and all claims brought by any third party relating to any aspect of the content and Services including but without limitation any and all demands liabilities losses costs and claims including attorneys fees arising out of injury caused by either partys products services material supplied copyright infringement and or defective products sold via the advertising or Services of either party. 5 Confidentiality and Disclosure of Authorship or Ownership. Unless otherwise agreed upon in the Specifications Developer acknowledges that Developer permanently and completely waives all right to claim ownership or authorship of the Software Product and may not disclose now or in the future said authorship or ownership in the Software Product except in the case where such claim to ownership and authorship has been made freely and publicly available prior to entering into this Agreement. Purchaser and Developer acknowledge and agree that the Specifications and all other documents and information related to the development of the Software the Confidential Information will constitute valuable trade secrets of Developer. Purchaser shall keep the Confidential Information in confidence and shall not at any time during or after the term of this Agreement without Developers prior written consent disclose or otherwise make available to anyone either directly or indirectly all or any part of the Confidential Information.
LICENSING AND ROYALTY AGREEMENT This Licensing Agreement the Agreement is entered into this current day day of current month current year by and between company name state or province company hereafter Licensee and company name hereafter Licensor Recitals 1 The Licensee desires to license content from the Licensor in the following areas of media and design. Insert description of media areas and design. 2 Licensor desires to participate in collaborative collective work and has agreed to provide content and media for the Licensee to be distributed released in collection under the Licensee Name and Brand. Agreements
In consideration of the mutual covenants set forth in this Agreement Licensor and Licensee hereby agree as follows. 1. Licensed Content. Licensor grants to Licensee its agents successors or assigns those for whom Licensee is acting and those acting with its authority and permission the absolute and right and permission to copyright use re use publish and republish recordings copies reproductions digitally sampled and or reconstructed versions of Licensors DVD CD ROM VHS VHS DV Mini DV SWF Fla Digital Artwork and other Media submission in whole or in part including but not limited to any and all animation music video narrative shorts features and trailers in whatever form submitted collectively the Content in any advertising display or product including software releases derivative or ancillary products or works whether such products or works are now in existence or are hereafter created or acquired. Licensor and Licensee further agree that such right and permission has been granted to Licensee on an exclusive basis for use in the Software Graphics Market. Content Description. Insert description of the content to be licensed. 2. Usage. The Content may be copyrighted used and or published individually or in conjunction with other photography video works and recordings and in any medium including without limitation print publications public broadcast CD ROM format and for any lawful purpose including without limitation trade exhibition illustration promotion publicity advertising and electronic publication.
3. Waiver of Approval. Licensor waives any right that Licensor may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products or any advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in connection with such product or the use to which it may be applied. 4. Indemnification. Licensor releases discharges and agrees to hold harmless Licensee its agents successors or assigns and all persons acting under its permission or authority or those for whom it is acting from any liability by virtue of any distortion alteration digitization reconstruction or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise that may occur or be produced in the recording and subsequent reconstruction of the Content or any other subsequent processing thereof as well as any publication of the resulting materials. 5. Warranties. Licensor warrants that Licensor is of legal age and has every right to contract in Licensors own name in this matter. Licensor further warrants that Licensor has the full right and authority to license the properties to Licensee as provided herein and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Licensee from any and all expenses suits judgments damages and related costs and fees arising out of Licensors actions omissions negligence or otherwise under this Agreement. Licensor acknowledges that Licensor has read this Agreement prior to its execution and that Licensor is fully familiar with its contents. 6. Compensation. The Licensee will pay Licensor for the following expenses incurred under this Agreement. Insert description of all expenses covered by the Agreement.
7. Independent Contractor. Nothing herein shall be construed to create an employer employee relationship between the parties. The consideration set forth above shall be the sole payment due to Licensor for services rendered. It is understood that the Licensee will not withhold any amounts for payment of taxes from the compensation of Licensor and that Licensor will be solely responsible to pay all applicable taxes from said payment including payments owed to its employees and subagents. 8. Confidentiality. In the course of performing services the parties recognize that Licensor may come in contact with or become familiar with information which the Licensee or its clients may consider confidential. This information may include but not limited to information pertaining to design methods pricing information or work methods of the Licensee as well as information provided by clients of the Licensee for inclusion in Web sites to be developed for clients which may be of value to competitors of the Licensee or its clients. Licensor agrees to keep all such information confidential and not to discuss what evolved any of it to anyone other than appropriate Licensee personnel or their delegates. The parties agree that in the event of breach of this Agreement damages may be difficult to ascertain or prove. The parties therefore agree that if Client breaches this Agreement Licensee shall be entitled to seek relief from court of competent jurisdiction including injunctive relief and shall be entitled to an award of liquidated damages. 9. Term of Agreement.
This Agreement shall begin on start date and shall terminate on end date unless terminated for any reason by either party upon thirty days prior written notice. 10. Communication. Any notice or communication permitted or required by this Agreement shall be deemed effective when personally delivered or deposited postage prepaid by first class regular mail addressed to the other partys last known address. 11. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement of the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and replaces and supersedes all other agreements or understanding whether written or oral. No amendment extension or change of the Agreement shall be binding unless it is in writing and signed by all of the parties hereto. 12. Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of Licensee and to the Licensees successors and assigns. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to permit the assignment by Licensor of any of its rights or obligations hereunder to any third party without the Licensees prior written consent.
13. Ownership Rights. All plans ideas improvements or inventions developed by Licensor during the term of this Agreement shall belong to the Licensee and or its clients for whom work is being performed as it relates to the Licensees core products and Intellectual Property. Licensor shall however retain the right to display works he creates for Licensee in their portfolio subject to Licensees written approval in advance said approval not to be unreasonably withheld. 14. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of state or province. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the county County state or province Superior Court. The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney fees and statutory costs. To any portion of this Agreement declared unenforceable that portion shall be construed to give it the maximum effect possible and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Each party represents and warrants that on the date first written above they are authorized to enter into this Agreement in entirety and duly bind their respective principals by their signature below. EXECUTED as of the date first written above. company name By signator authorized signature or signer. Job title of signator authorized signature or signer.
Date when the contact was signed company name By signator authorized signature or signer. Job title of signator authorized signature or signer. Date when the contact was signed Licensee Initials Licensor Initials
Select an appropriate payment terms from the list of possible choices depending on the agreement being used with and delete the rest. For example if using project development contract use one of the first three milestone based payment terms. If using VAR Reseller contract or for general pricing use the payment terms pricing plan at the end of the list of plans below. EXHIBIT A PAYMENT TERMS 1. Customer agrees to pay Developers fee of Insert Total Payment Amount according to the following terms. A. 90% of the estimated price upon execution of the Agreement. 2. Customer agrees to the pay for all out of pocket expenses incurred by Developers in developing the project including but without limitation any. A. License fees B. Outsource services billed for Customer
C. Film and Developing D. Shipping E. Domain name registration F. Host costs for ISP G. Hardware and software
H. Travel 3. Customer agrees to pay for the Developers fee and all expenses as set forth above within days of invoice. All unpaid balances shall accrue interest at 2% per month. 4. Customer agrees that any changes customer makes to the specification may adversely affect the original estimate. Extra time incurred above and beyond the original specification will be billed at an hourly rate of hourly rate and is not subject to the costs estimates and caps in 1. above. 5. Customer agrees that estimated yearly maintenance costs are only estimates and are not included in the quoted price. EXHIBIT A PAYMENT TERMS
1. Customer agrees to pay Developers fee of Insert Total Payment Amount according to the following terms. A. 3 of the fee upon execution of the Agreement; B. 3 of the fee upon completion of Insert Key Payment Milestone C. The remaining upon completion per the specification. 2. Customer agrees to the pay for all out of pocket expenses incurred by Developers in developing the project including but without limitation any.
A. License fees B. Outsource services billed for Customer C. Film and Developing D. Shipping E. Domain name registration F. Host costs for ISP G. Hardware and software
H. Travel 3. Customer agrees to pay for the Developers fee and all expenses as set forth above within days of invoice. All unpaid balances shall accrue interest at 2% per month. 4. Customer agrees that any changes customer makes to the specification may adversely affect the original estimate. Extra time incurred above and beyond the original specification will be billed at an hourly rate of hourly rate and is not subject to the costs estimates and caps in 1. above. 5. Customer agrees that estimated yearly maintenance costs are only estimates and are not included in the quoted price. EXHIBIT A PAYMENT TERMS 1. Customer agrees to pay Developers an hourly fee according to the following terms. A. 10% of the estimate upon execution of the Agreement of Insert Total Payment Amount
B. Customer is billed at hourly rate per hour at the completion of each milestone. C. The customer will not be liable for more than Insert Maximum Amount Liable for in hourly work. 2. Customer agrees to the pay for all out of pocket expenses incurred by Developers in developing the project including but without limitation any. A. License fees B. Outsource services billed for Customer
C. Film and Developing D. Shipping E. Domain name registration F. Host costs for ISP G. Hardware and software H. Travel 3. Customer agrees to pay for the Developers fee and all expenses as set forth above within days of invoice. All unpaid balances shall accrue interest at 2% per month. 4. Customer agrees that any changes customer makes to the specification may adversely affect the original estimate. Extra time incurred above and beyond the original specification will be billed at an hourly rate of hourly rate and is not subject to the costs estimates and caps in 1. above.
5. Customer agrees that estimated yearly maintenance costs are only estimates and are not included in the quoted price. EXHIBIT A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT PLAN Authorization for credit card payments for development per Exhibit and B. Charges to be applied as Customer accepts each milestone. Customer accepts liability for all costs incurred including but not limited to chargebacks and reversals. Card Number
Expiration Date Name on Card Title Phone. phone number Fax. fax number Email. email address Company. company name Street. address address
City. city Country. country EXHIBIT A PAYMENT TERMS Pricing Plan. Insert your pricing plan here. Discounts. Insert any discounts available here.
Restrictions. Insert any restrictions here.