Multilingual Web Site and DVD Sample Proposal
Web Site Project Development Guide and Cost Summary
Silent World Diving Systems Inc. is in need of new web site and other multimedia marketing materials such as DVD presentation and international translations. Florentine Design Group LLC has experience in all aspects of the project requirements.
- Marketing Web Site & Collaboration Site System Integration
- Online Testing and Training System
- Technology – PHP MySQL
The following is general overview of Florentine Design Group solutions applications cost summaries and case studies concerning your web site. We’ve completed an evaluation of the current site and have come up with the following ideas for your review. Assuming that our developers will be able to quickly integrate with the Marketing Site as it has been termed and map or identify where all the current controls objects libraries templates and other source components are located we should be close to this estimate. We anticipate that there will also be other development requests from time to time that will fall into the category of maintenance.
With that in mind we propose. Creation of catalog based eCommerce system that will allow you to sell your products from ANY page on your site. This is helpful when you want to add "Buy Now" links to pages and have the cart keep track of the items customers have selected.
Creation of an industry standard Administration tool that will allow staff member to retrieve cancel or fulfill orders as needed; generate sales reports; add NEW products or modify existing products; create coupons discount programs sales specials features or any other standard eCommerce practice including gift certificates vouchers email follow up newsletters and more. Preserve template based coding to allow staff easy access and updates within the existing design. Addition of META TAGS descriptions keywords and other search engine friendly code to allow deep indexing of pages through search engines and shopping portals. Optional Affiliate Program available that would allow others to sell your products on their web sites all transactions take place on your web site but "affiliates" refer traffic through banners and links.
Additional graphics and HTML work as requested. The basics of an eCommerce Web Site. The shopping cart & Admin.
This is the order fulfillment system. This is where you track sales communicate with the customer do your accounting of goods and services define products prices shipping methods. We can also support UPS Fed Ex tracking and auto email your customers tracking information to make the fulfillment process easier.
Your Merchant Account
You will need to set up credit card account or have banking arrangements that include online transactions. We have variety of vendors that we work with and can recommend. You are responsible for your own banking fees.
Your Web Host
You will need host that supports Secure Socket Layer SSL and will allow you to host MySQL database. We offer hosting at competitive rates that takes care of all of this. The Digital Certificate This encrypts sensitive information such as account numbers social security numbers and most important credit card data. Please feel free to contact me directly at 425-466-0804 to discuss specifics or to provide clarification on any item.
Setup of eCommerce Shopping Cart and back end application order management reporting and associated tools
- Digital Certificate for secure online ordering
- eCommerce Web Hosting
- Additional graphic design web design or programming as requested
- Training and documentation
- Leasing static IP address assumes you are using our hosting package
- eCommerce programming costs
You need to get merchant account set up and or coordinate with your bank to set up specific types of transactions. We can recommend processors with whom we have worked in the past. In lieu of having your own digital certificate merchant account and processor you may choose to take advantage of our additional services and use our processor. Collaborative Portal Specifications some of this is tied into the Marketing Web Site design some features will cross over.
The following specifications are based on our interviews with you and your team about the specifics of the project combining the DVD CD ROM reporting and update features you want with knowledge based collaborative portal. We have attached Cost Summary to this informational packet and would be happy to discuss any of the items as you see fit for clarification. A professional looking design that incorporates. A collaborative Web Portal that allows for four Levels of access to the site.
Administration Overall Admin functions
Organization Such as University of WA.
Sub Organization Such as Alzheimer’s Research Group "A"
Users Individuals who thereby belong to an Org or Sub Org. A collaborative system that allows sharing of documents across ORGS SUBs based on permissions set by the Admin Example. Admin can set docs that everyone can see that Sub and its members can see and so on. Upload area for PDFs Docs or other resources.
– Notification every time comment or resource is added user defined option.
Complete Message Board System
A registration process that allows individuals to sign up under an ORG SUB or have an ORG SUB create members or have the ADMIN create ORGS Subs Users. Addition of special section that an ADMIN can update with documents and other resources that DVD presentation will ultimately point users to for more information.
- PHP MySQL running on standard UNIX Linux Server running Apache.
- Hosting Requirements.
- See above must use current versions of PHP MySQL PEAR.
- DNS Requirements.
Application and Portal will run under standard Domain Name Address such as www.whatever.com. The above will have its Cost Summary tied into the Marketing Portion of the Site. Marketing Web Site and Content Creation Translation and Graphic Design.
Create content management system that will allow for the creation and organization of pages new sections special sections such as the DVD Section and so on. Example of CMS. Silent World Diving System is dive center which specializes in specialty dive trips and rebreather training.
We deployed CMS that allowed multiple users the ability to create new product pages topic pages travel logs staff biographies and more. Live Web Site. The above is an example of menu hierarchy in any given section.
Each page would have Spanish content equivalent trigger by simple toggle. The above is an example of an object manager. In this case it is for an image gallery on their site. Objects can be nearly any resource you can think of including.
Blogs Document Uploads File Resources Comment Threads Auto notifies Audio Video Animation Links and so on. The entire system is created alongside the core design and is easy to adapt as your system grows or you want to add new features. We would base this on the design samples you had us look at Sharp.com etc. Creation of content creative writing for marketing translation services.
Pricing an unknown amount of copy and content is difficult task for cost summary upfront. This is an area where clients can easily overpay. Example. HTML PHP pages created from existing content Word Docs Text Docs Abstracts etc with custom graphics illustrations or other items is approximately. Additional copywriting marketing writing and editing would be 50% higher costing an additional $6 to accomplish.
Using your detailed description we would estimate about 50% less for the "less intensive" pages making it only 375 for the complete writing editing coding and graphic design of these pages. We would integrate into the CMS Spanish language toggle that would allow users to access Spanish language version of any given page. This can accommodate as few or as many pages as you require.
It was mentioned that not all of the content pages would need Spanish Language equivalents. We have anticipated the product purchase pages will need multi lingual support and have built that into our solution.
Upon successful completion and sign off on the English content we will create the Spanish versions of the required pages using our Enterprise Version of Systrans. Following that we would employ human hand translation and in depth review of each page. Pricing for translation projects is determined by several factors.
- The number of Source or Target words
- Complexity of the subject matter
- Language combination
- The time required to complete the assignment
The first factor in determining pricing is the number of Source or Target words in the document. Source language refers to the language being translated from and the target language is the language being translated into. As general rule Romance languages French Spanish Italian Portuguese etc. are priced based on the target word count.
When translating into these languages target word counts will normally be about 20% higher than the source. Translation pricing price per word is also determined by the level of complexity within each project document. For example general letter will be priced lower than technical patent legal contract pharmaceutical clinical trial documents or software manual. The final factor in determining price is the time required for completion.
Pricing for rush translations is typically 30% above the normal rates. Most requests for rush translations can be accommodated. Prior to the beginning of the project we will discuss your particular turnaround requirements with you and utilize the appropriate resources to meet your timing needs as closely as possible.
Pricing for translation is usually not done on flat fixed fee basis such as price per page or an hourly rate. The reason for this is that some documents contain pages that have only words per page while other documents contain pages that have over 1000 words per page. For the purpose of this Cost Summary we would benchmark your Spanish Translation at roughly the same price as content creation or $18 for translated coded and graphically enhanced pages.
Programming & Production. Creation of overall content management system. Setup of Message Board pass through of user data to message board db and article organization platform comments tracking etc using combination of PHPBB & MAMBO Portal Software.
Creation of Secure Documentation Upload area and tie to login levels. Creation of Nomination Article Abstract Question or Document System Editor and Tracking System that assigns an ID and allows the document to move through the login levels ORG & Stages and track the various comments & versions drafts or additional materials assigned or attached to the open "ticket" created for each submission. Creation of category based system for assigning labels for documents projects or topics. Example. An admin could create "Dementia" category which would be made available during the nomination process or upload of materials.
Anything tagged with this category would then be routed to the appropriate "Panel" or "Program Developer" as defined in the admin. Custom Design & Web Site Integration. Creation of custom design look and feel all HTML coding and scripting registration pages display pages.
This includes custom graphic design and integration of existing media and graphics logos etc.
- Integration of update links and handlers into an existing DVD presentation
- Creation of custom DVD section that is specially made for computer use
- Additional work as requested
- Additional software licenses or hosting requirements
- Copywriting estimate for primary and secondary pages as described by client
- Translation of above pages
- Programming & Database Design
- Customization & Design
- Integration with CMS features allows editing by staff member
- Content and copywriting $18 for Translation services and content creation Spanish
- Online Quiz & Training System
- Programming & Production
- Development of custom flash application that reads an XML document
- Populates an average of test questions into multimedia presentation
- Ability to create as many different tests as the admin requires
Ability to pick up XML document location from login and variable that the test picks up.
- User login Admin login
- Ability to set questions answer choices correct answer from XML
- Ability to add images audio and multiple choice questions
- Ability to define two slide types Content Text slides with information but no questions and Content Questions slides with text and the question format
- Formats may go in any order
- Content Content Question Content Question Question
- Ability to set total number of questions from XML
- Ability to display score at the end
- Ability to write scores to database and associate them with the user account
- Ability to print scores and auto email scores
- Ability to have question "groups" with categories defined in the XML Chapters Category, Medical etc.
- Ability to write to database.log file tracking the user’s progress as indicated by unique ID and scoring after each question plus total at the end
- Ability to "drill down" results from the test group to get additional data
- Color coding for scores will be applied for visual cues such as Green Red Yellow etc.
- Ability to do splash screen based on an image the customer provides XML picks up 800x600 image
- Fixed size for movie because you’re using JPG images
- Custom graphic design to accommodate images text questions and choices
- Testing and support provided for initial implementation and as needed until the template is able to read multiple tests as outlined in the specification
All the data can be inserted in to database in the from the user table of the database on the customer’s system.
- Digital Certificate for secure online ordering
- IP for eCommerce static IP address
- Documentation testing and training complete documentation and up to four hours phone training
- Total eCommerce Estimate
- Marketing Web Site and Collaboration Portal
- Database installation message and document tracking integration content management system installation setup of all system messages and user org admin levels
- Programming & Database Design
- Web site design services two design mockups for core site template design
- Concept & Design
- Special handler for DVD CMS section
- Content creation and copywriting primary and secondary pages
- Content & Copywriting
- Translation of primary & secondary pages into Spanish
- Translation Services & Content Creation Spanish
- Marketing Portal Integration
- Online Training Application
- Installation setup and custom development of online training system
- Administration and creation of user facing front end custom graphics for user interface integration into user accounts and login features See Collaboration
- Training and documentation